Grade 6 learners across the country are gearing up to sit for the maiden Kenya Primary School Education Assessment (KPSEA) come November this year.
The learners will sit for 13 papers: Mathematics , English, Kiswahili , Kenyan Sign Language, Science Technology, Physical and Health Education , Agriculture , Home Science, Social Studies, Art and Craft , Christian Religious Education(CRE) , Islamic Religious Education (IRE) and Hindu Religious Education(HRE) .
“The subjects will be grouped into five exam papers which will be having multiple choices apart from Insha and Composition .They include Mathematics, English , Kiswahili / Kenya Sign Language, Intergraded Science (IS ) that will comprise of Science and Technology ,Home Science , Agriculture, Physical and Health Education as well as Creative Arts and Social Studies which comprise Craft Music , Social Studies and Religious Education, ” he added.
He said, “These studies include Craft Music, Social Studies, and Religious Education.
40% of the KPSEA exam will be scored. The School Based Assessment (SBA), which students completed in grades three, four, and five, will be used to calculate the remaining 60%.
The final summative assessment in grade six will be the source of the 40%.
List all the curriculum design strands for your learning area from grades 4-6.
Make a chart of the strands and sub-strands in your subject area for grades 4 through 6.
Determine the learning strands tested using the KNEC paper.
Determine which of the strands has more open questions than others.
It’s important to note that some of the cognitive abilities examined in the passage questions for Swahili and English are evaluation-based (inference, summarising –best title). Understanding, applying, and analyzing knowledge in a broken passage